Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Get Hooked On Books!

Any but the one for faces.

Right now facebook has launched a new format of their site, and so help me I want to strangle Mark Zuckerberg because the revamp has clogged the system. Jammed the gears. Thrown a stick in the spokes. Disturbed the balance. Foiled the cogs of the big machine.

I need to know what latino night invites I'm missing out on.
Have I been tagged in any photos from Justin's wedding yet?
Is my inbox ripe with gardening reminders and trashola from The Sugar Rush Kids?

I will never know, because even my mongoose of a computer can't get into my account to tell me. And for this I blame my teachers. Why couldn't you make East of Eden more compelling than Instant Messenger? 

Cynthia Skelton of the Montgomery County Public School System, (whose name I add in here, hoping that ultimately she will google herself and stumble across my humble blog) you are the only teacher I ever had in 12 years of piss-poor indoctrination that ever made a lick of sense to me. Infect the world, love. 

Facebook, you've got me. Hook, line and stinker. I wish it weren't so, but I just can't let you go.
Maybe your crash is the beginning of something great for me. Maybe I'll read Oliver Twist. And maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow morning when you will be fully operational once more. Streamlined and slick as a seal in margarine.

Mark Zuckerberg, I hate you but, You're the best.

No comments: